This year, we are celebrating 75 years serving our community!
Springboro Public Library began in 1944 as a project sponsored by the Amicus Club, a local women’s organization in town. The Library was given space in a corner of a town restaurant and opened on August 8th, 1944 with 216 books and 2 bookcases.
The library later moved into space in the corner of the borough office. In 1985, the Library outgrew that space and moved into the first floor of a duplex owned by Springboro Borough. In 1994, the library purchased the former hardware store building on Main Street. Renovations were completed in 1998 and the library moved into the new facility where it is still in operation today. The library now has almost 12,000 items for patrons to choose from including books, videos, audiobooks, music CDs, playaways and magazines. In addition, the library has a copier, fax machine and four public Internet access terminals and free wi-fi.
Current board members are:
Lynda Proctor, President
Margaret Crate, Vice-President
Marsha Holowell, Secretary
Michael Furdiga, Treasurer
Staff Members are:
Joy Post, Library Director
Ginger Rendulic, Children’s Programming